Update: Chat hours expanded to Monday through Friday, 7am to 6pm Pacific Time, excluding holidays and weekly company meeting periods. For more information, read 5 Ways to Receive Support from SimplePractice.
It’s a new year, and SimplePractice is excited to offer you another great option for live support. Starting January 7th, you’ll be able to chat live with our Customer Success team. Live chat is a great way to get quick answers to straightforward questions. We still offer phone support by reservation and one-on-one video screen shares for more in-depth questions.
We’ll offer live chat Monday through Thursday, 7am to 1pm, and Friday, 7am to 11am Pacific Time. We’ve identified these times as the most effective to address the community and continue to improve the SimplePractice experience.
How to access chat
To use chat, simply follow these steps:
- Click the Help button in the lower left corner of your SimplePractice account
- Type in your question
- Review the answer choices
- Click Submit a request
- Choose the Chat option and you’ll be connected with one of our Product Specialists
A few customers have already had a sneak peek of our chat program. The response has been overwhelmingly positive. Our response rate is over 95% and our response time is under a minute. You can be sure that your question is answered quickly and thoroughly.
Questions best suited for chat support
We’re incredibly excited to offer you this rapid response. However, there are a few things to keep in mind about the help we provide through chat. We’re happy to answer basic questions about SimplePractice and point you towards key functions in your account. Here are some examples:
- Notes and Forms, as well as consent documents
- How to enter and adjust information in your client’s record
- General information about invoices, superbills, statements, and claims
- Pricing information
- Team member permissions
- Claim status definitions
- And more!
Issues that require a deeper dive
Some questions take more investigation than we can provide during a short chat. For example:
- Issues that require a detailed investigation into specifics of one of your client’s accounts
- Specific billing issues having to do with client payments or insurance
- Complex technical issues
These types of questions fall outside of the assistance we can provide via chat. For these questions, we’ll be happy to help you create a help request so that one of our team members can give it the attention it deserves.
We’re excited to continue supporting you as you grow your practice this year and wish you continued success!