This week we were reminded that sometimes things happen that are unexpected and disruptive.
SimplePractice is part of a larger community of other practice management companies. Yes, we are competitors, but the team here at SimplePractice is aware that each one of us represents our industry. When something bad happens to one of us, we look to support one another and learn from the experience. In light of the recent issue affecting one of the companies in our space, we thought it would be important to remind our community of what we do to keep our system and your sensitive information safe and secure.
What we do to keep your account secure:
- We regularly hold internet security awareness trainings for our team.
- We partner with a HiTrust certified hosting provider, which is the industry standard for HIPAA compliant infrastructure.
- We secure your data with triple redundancy and multiple backups, using two independent backup systems.
- We’re prepared for the worst. If a natural disaster ever hits one of our data centers, we have other data centers 1,000 miles away so we’ll have your data recovered and available within a few minutes. We also perform disaster recovery drills at least once a year, to train the technical team for a worst case scenario.
- We provide 24/7 monitoring of external and internal service availability. You can learn more here: http://stats.pingdom.com/apjzy3sxj09p/596232/2017/04
- We use military grade data encryption and protection from unauthorized persons and processes. No one unauthorized can access your data.
- We stay up to date. Critical security updates are installed within 24 hours after they become available. We regularly update risk assessments and risk mitigation procedures.
- We are vigilant with constant code reviews by our engineering team and regularly held 3rd party penetration tests. Multiple firewalls, Intrusion detection, Anti-virus and File integrity monitoring systems are used to prevent malware or unauthorized access.
What you should do to keep your account secure:
- Keep your computer and browsers current with the latest software and security updates.
- Protect your computer and network. Install and update anti-virus software. Use personal firewalls on your computer and network. Password protect your home and office computer network.
- Manage your SimplePractice password. Do not enable automatic login to your SimplePractice account. Change your password periodically use strong passwords and avoid re-using it for other accounts. We recommend using a password manager (our team uses 1Password).
- Be mindful when accessing your account. Don’t share your login credentials with anyone. Always make sure you are logged out of your account when you are finished. When using computers that are not your own, make sure you are fully logged out and close the browser.
- Lock your phone. Enable a passcode / Touch ID on your mobile device.
We work hard to keep your data safe so you can focus on working with your clients. Please feel free to contact us at https://support.simplepractice.com/hc/en-us if you have any questions.