At SimplePractice, we love to celebrate — big wins, small wins, and of course, the transformative work of our customers. This week, we celebrate Earth Day — Monday, April 22nd — by highlighting some of the amazing things that customers using SimplePractice do for our planet.
Shifting away from paper
The benefits of going paperless as a practice are practically boundless —
- Having everything at your fingertips makes the whole world your office.
- Reducing business costs through the elimination of printers, copiers, and the associated ink, toner, and paper costs.
- Ensuring reliable information about patients at the point of care
- Delivering immediate patient record access for more streamlined care
- Promoting thorough documentation and accurate coding and billing
- Decreasing your carbon footprint
For even more benefits, check out what The Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC) says on the subject.
“It’s beautifully freeing to be paperless.” – SimplePractice customer Elaine Moss
There are multiple ways to reduce the use of paper within a practice, but some key places to start include: client records, intake documents, and electronic claims submissions.
Did you know?
- Since 2014, over 7 million multi-page documents have been sent through the Client Portal, preserving nearly 1,000 trees worth of paper
- SimplePractice customers filed nearly 4 million electronic claims in the last 5 years, saving over 8 million paper claim forms and envelopes from landfills
If you’re a SimplePractice customer unfamiliar with how you can use the Client Portal to help you truly go paperless, learn all about setting up your Client Portal.
Insurance billing can also use a significant amount of paper, if not done electronically, and we’re here to help with that as well. Learn how to Get started with Insurance now.
Commitment beyond our platform
As Earth Day approaches, take a moment to consider what small changes you can make in your office routine to create a positive impact on the environment.
For instance, SimplePractice:
- Proudly recycles and composts to divert our waste from landfills.
- Uses reusable cups, water bottle filling stations, and recycled and upcycled materials.
- Regularly explores our daily practices and processes with the environment in mind.
Additionally, this year the SimplePractice team will celebrate Earth Day by participating in a Beach Cleanup event in Santa Monica, California with the SurfRider Foundation. Together, we’ll collect garbage bags full of litter and single-use plastics to help keep Santa Monica and the Pacific Ocean beautiful.
Earth Day, every day
We’re grateful to our 45,000+ customers for the work that they do and excited to help even more private practices go paperless.
Want to start saving the Earth while you save the world? Start your free trial of SimplePractice today!