As you learn and grow, SimplePractice is also constantly improving. Check in each week for the latest product updates.
• Updated Client Billing and Insurance tab: Client billing information has been reorganized to be more intuitive. Now, you can more effectively manage your clients’ billing information and email correspondence from one place. (Desktop/laptop/tablet)
- Disabled Add-On Codes for Online Booking: Clients can now only book primary procedural service codes through the Client Portal. This ensures that clients cannot book services incorrectly. Learn more about using Add-Ons. (Desktop/laptop/tablet)
- Updated Basic Info tab: Your Basic Information page—which lets you change your password, name, email, and security settings—is cleaner and easier to navigate than ever. Check it out. (Desktop/laptop/tablet)
- Updated iOS app (3.4.2): Includes fixes and performance improvements for iOS 11 and 12. In order to give you the best experience and the highest level of security, we are no longer supporting iOS 10. We recommend that you keep your iPhone updated to the latest iOS version to ensure you always have the latest security updates. (Mobile)
- Updated Consent Forms: We’ve updated the preview option for your consent forms. You can now see exactly what your clients see when filling out an intake consent form. This update will make it even easier to format your consent documents. See yours. (Desktop/laptop/tablet)
- Bill up to 25 units: To more effectively serve our customers in specialties like Chiropractic care, clinicians can now bill up to 25 units for each service code. Learn more. (Desktop/laptop/tablet)
- Improved speed of Secure Messaging: An update to increase the scroll speed and navigation of Secure Messaging on iOS devices.
- Changed displayed amounts in Evening Summary Email: Your Evening Summary email has been updated for more clarity. “Client fee” is now “Client Owes” and corrected for practices that manually create invoices.
- Ampersand can now be used in Practice name: Many clinicians use “&” in their practice name, so we’ve added functionality to save this character in your practice name.
- Saving Long Consent Forms: Clinicians no longer have to worry about how long their consent form is. Securely send to the client, no matter the length.
- Clients can navigate to Appointment Times from ‘Call to Book’ Screen: Are any of your online services restricted as ‘Call to Book’? Now clients can more easily toggle between different services and varying appointment times.
- Appointments with locked notes can no longer be moved in calendar: Locked notes now mean locked-in-place appointments. In an effort to keep practices accountable and actions traceable, clinicians can no longer drag appointments with locked progress notes.
- Clients with long suffix saved: In a few instances, clinicians were unable to save clients with very long, hyphenated names. This is now updated so you can save names regardless of length.
- Phone number input on Android fixed: To ensure that clinicians input a valid phone number, we now validate that a 10 digit numerical value was saved on Android devices.