Security is a top priority for you and it’s also a top priority for us at SimplePractice. Helping you maintain HIPAA compliance when it comes to PHI (Protected Health Information) is of paramount importance.
With effort toward greater security in mind, we’ve improved how to log in and submit help requests to provide even more control, while continuing to keep your protected information safe.
More direct and secure requests
To send in a new support request, click the Help button in the lower left of any page in your SimplePractice account and type in your question. You’ll then be given the opportunity to view and examine a carefully curated list of resources related to your question. If the resources answer your question, you can select the Solved option.
If you can’t find the answer you’re looking for, simply click Submit a request to submit a new support request.
When submitting a help request to our team, make sure to include the secure URLs for any client(s) in question. This can significantly decrease the amount of time it takes for us to be able to dig into your question. To learn more about secure client URLs, please see this guide: How to include a secure client URL with your help request.
How to submit client data
If you need to submit client data, you can do this securely through the Help button by selecting the Submit PHI with my request option. For example, you would select this option if you need to send insurance-related documents or client data import files to our team. Our team will make sure to observe HIPAA requirements when handling this data and will protect its integrity as well.
How to access and manage your help requests
To access your help requests from within a Help Center guide, click the Sign in box in the upper right corner and login using your SimplePractice username and password.
This button can be found on each page of the Help Center except for the homepage and is only available for current SimplePractice members. This button is also only available when accessing the Help Center from a laptop/desktop.
Better, faster, more targeted help
Because all of the pertinent information will be part of the initial request, you will receive more accurate, more personalized responses, and they’ll arrive even faster. Here’s how:
- Creates a personal portal for you where you can initiate, follow up on, and even track the history of your communications with SimplePractice.
- No more solely relying on email or dealing with lost help responses.
- You have the power to mark the request solved, or you can choose to follow up with a Customer Success team member.
- Immediately identifies you and your practice information in SimplePractice.
- This will speed up response times even more and allows our team to better focus our efforts faster.
- Increases the security of your SimplePractice account.
- We’ve gone an extra step to secure the exchange of your data.
Brief overview of security at SimplePractice
SimplePractice was built with security in mind, always looking for new and better ways to improve each customer’s experience, all while taking the extra steps and spending the necessary time, money, and effort to ensure the height of data protection.
All SimplePractice employees undergo HIPAA and Security Awareness training. We all understand that it’s everyone’s responsibility to protect the security and privacy of PHI at SimplePractice.
Know the PHI Identifiers:
- All elements (except years) of dates related to an individual (including birth date, admission date, discharge date, date of death, and exact age, if over 89)
- Telephone number
- Fax number
- Email address
- Social Security Number
- Medical record number
- Health plan beneficiary number
- Account number
- Certificate or license number
- Any vehicle identifier or serial number
- Device serial number
- Web URL
- Internet Protocol (IP) address
- Biometric identifiers – finger or voice print
- Photographic image – photographic images are not limited only to images of the face
- Any other characteristic that could uniquely identify the individual
Our servers, data, and backups are at a secure hosting facility. Every employee is only given access to systems that are needed to complete an assigned job, and we have strict guidelines for how to access and handle our customers’ data.
Make the most of your SimplePractice account
This added help functionality and security is currently available to all SimplePractice customers by following the steps detailed in this post.
For more information about these steps, along with screenshots, we’ve put together a guide with the information detailed above: Logging in to SimplePractice and submitting help requests.
Remember, to stay up-to-date with all the features and functionality coming to SimplePractice, check out our Product Roadmap.