We’re looking for a friendly, eager-to-learn insurance specialist to join our customer success team. In this role, you will use your passion for tech and combine it with your knowledge of the medical claim filing process to provide our customers with a world class experience. SimplePractice is built for our customers, and supporting their success is our top priority. We strive to provide unparalleled support and encourage our customers to always let us know how we can improve our products. You’ll be an integral member of the customer success team, getting to know and responding to thousands of SimplePractice customers, and working collaboratively with our team to constantly improve our customer success materials and processes. This role will give you front row access in a startup while you provide tangible value and support to our growing community.
What is the structure of this job?
This is a full-time position. There is some flexibility with working hours over time, but we request you to be present in the office in Los Angeles for the first 3 months. While our busiest times are earlier in the week, we’re looking for individuals that can offer early morning (7:00am) weekday and weekend availability to help us manage our team's response time goals throughout the entire week.
There is an opportunity for some remote work down the line on an ad hoc basis, but the option to work remotely full time is not an option - we love collaborating in-person and building our team culture face to face!
What would you do for us?
- Triage incoming customer support emails to other specialty agents, answering up to 30% of all new emails
- Help your team answer all incoming inquiries in 60 minutes or less, continually striving for swifter response time
- Answer customer chats, phone calls, and hold live screen sharing sessions with customers
- Lead live Q&A product orientation sessions and 1 to 1s
- Work with the support team to identify patterns in support emails and keep an eye out for bugs or problems with the software
- Take ownership of routine problems with intuitive problem-solving skills
- Be the liaison between our customers and the clearinghouse we work with to process our insurance claims and enrollments
- Offer guidance and thoughtful problem-solving for medical providers that are new to electronic claim filing
Our Insurance Specialist Must-Haves
- High capacity, self-managing, and have a sense of urgency to complete work efficiently and accurately
- Experimental personality, and can quickly make edits to Help Center articles or add new articles on the fly
- Upbeat, fun, and confident, and can pitch in on-camera in some of our live online customer classes
- Tech savvy and comfortable with web apps - Slack, Messenger, Zendesk, Google Docs, and the like. You should be able to use them with ease and be sharp enough to troubleshoot any issues you have.
More About You
- You have a general understanding of what the medical claim filing process looks like and what parties are involved
- You have some experience working directly with practice owners, insurance payers, and/or clearinghouses
- You have the ability to explain complicated terms in a clear and concise manner
- You’re highly empathetic and patient, and really love helping people
- You’re obsessive about creating an exceptional experience for each of our customers
- You have impeccable written and verbal communication skills, with an emphasis on casual, friendly, conversational tone
- You’re self-managing, self-starting, and self-motivating, and can organize in a multitasking environment and can adjust priorities on-the-fly
- Bonus if you have past experience working with Zendesk or in start-up environments
- A big plus if you have experience working in provider or member services
- A big plus if you have some experience with medical billing
What's the next step?
Great question! If you’re interested and would like to be considered for this role, please provide us with your resume and respond to the following - Questionnaire
We build software that helps health & wellness professionals run their private practice. We’ve helped thousands of professionals by offering intuitive, people-centric software that’s totally focused on running a business and helping patients. That’s what our customers care about so that’s all we care about. We know this because we value relationships and constantly speaking with customers is the only way to deliver a great product. We’re a growing startup founded by a successful entrepreneur who was a therapist himself at one point in his career.