SimplePractice is the future of practice management. We're the highest-rated practice management software and have gained market leadership by being at the forefront of making it simple for clinicians to run and grow their practices. Join us, we're growing quickly!
We are looking for a senior iOS engineer to help us roll-out the multitude of features and UI improvements we have planned.
Our iPhone app is written in Swift with Realm as database and we are interfacing with our own API (Ruby on Rail stack). We’re looking for someone who has built interesting apps with Swift.
- You are a passionate, talented engineer, willing to push the limits of existing technology and create the best possible user experience
- You have worked on mobile apps which have a sizeable audience and developed features from inception to release, with care for architecture, coding, testing and maintenance
- You love building products that help thousands of customers in their day to day lives and improve their effectiveness
What you'll do day-to-day
- Build out the next generation practice management platform
- Collaborate with our Product team to help understand customer needs, troubleshoot potential problems and define upcoming features
- Write clean, efficient, well-tested code that improves our iOS applications in meaningful ways
- Help diagnose problems and architect solutions
- Work with the backend team to define and optimize APIs
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automation
Our ideal candidate
- Has 5+ years experience with iOS development, excellent Swift knowledge is a requirement
- Architected and implemented complex iOS applications and have an appreciation for clean, elegant and simple code
- Has an academic attitude towards software development practices
- Solid communication & collaboration skills
- Has a strong commitment to customer experience and product quality
- Comes with a good understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines
- Comfortable working with remote teams and using Pivotal Tracker/GitHub/Slack/Hangouts to collaborate
- Experience with Realm database
- Experience with performance and memory tuning
- Familiarity with APNs
- Knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Familiarity with continuous integration and build deployment
- Beautiful location near the 3rd Street Promenade next to the beach, with countless incredible food hotspots
- Meditation room for the mindful
- Stocked fridges and pantry with lots of healthy options
- Weekly catered gourmet company lunches
- Bring your dog to work!
- Medical and dental healthcare
- Generous vacation time
Why work at SimplePractice?
- Join a team that’s incredibly passionate about helping people. Our product underpins foundational behavioral health work that really does make a difference
- Be one of the first members of our US engineering team in our new Santa Monica office
- Impressive stable growth enables SimplePractice to hire an outstanding team
- Company trips to Europe to work with our European engineering team
- Work with and learn from an experienced CTO
- Work on exciting new features across web and mobile platforms
- Use the latest version of the latest frameworks
- Impeccably maintained codebase with CI, codestyle analysis, linting, QA and review and staging servers. Nothing legacy to see here.
- Talented design team