Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer
LOS ANGELES, CA | FULL TIME
SimplePractice is the future of practice management. We’re the highest-rated practice management software and have gained market leadership by being at the forefront of making it simple for clinicians to run and grow their practices. Join us, we’re growing quickly!
We are looking for a senior Ruby on Rails engineer to help us roll-out the multitude of features and UI improvements we have planned.
We work in a pretty standard Ruby on Rails stack with EmberJS and React in the frontend. We’re looking for someone who has built interesting products/projects/tools with Ruby on Rails.
- You are a passionate, talented engineer, willing to push the limits of existing technology and create the best possible user experience
- You have worked on the backend to develop features from inception to release, with care for architecture, coding, testing and ongoing maintenance in a production environment
- You love building products that help thousands of customers in their day to day lives and improve their effectiveness
What you’ll do day-to-day
- Build out the next generation practice management platform
- Collaborate with our Product team to help understand customer needs, troubleshoot potential problems and define upcoming features
- Write clean, efficient, well-tested code that improves our codebase in meaningful ways
- Help diagnose problems and architect solutions
- Take on DevOps responsibility and manage our cloud based infrastructure using Chef to improve scalability and resilience
- Integrate user interfaces developed by our front-end team and implement server-side logic
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automation
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation
Our ideal candidate
- Has 5+ years experience with Ruby on Rails development, along with other common libraries such as RSpec and Sidekiq
- Architected and implemented large, scalable web applications and have an appreciation for clean, elegant and simple code
- Deep understanding of web application security and best practices
- Understands the value and nuances of Test Driven Development
- Solid communication & collaboration skills
- Comfortable working with remote teams and using Pivotal Tracker/Github/Slack/Hangouts to collaborate
- Confident working in Linux based production environments (preferable CentOS/RHEL)
- Experience with the JSON:API standard
- Working knowledge of managing MySQL/Redis/NGINX
- Infrastructure management via Chef
- Experience with compliance standards PCI/HIPAA
- Front-end experience with EmberJS or Angular 2
- Beautiful location near the 3rd Street Promenade next to the beach, with countless incredible food hotspots
- Meditation room for the mindful
- Stocked fridges and pantry with lots of healthy options
- Weekly catered gourmet company lunches
- Bring your dog to work!
- Medical and dental healthcare
- Generous vacation time
Why work at SimplePractice?
- Join a team that’s incredibly passionate about helping people. Our product underpins foundational behavioral health work that really does make a difference
- Be one of the first members of our US engineering team in our new Los Angeles office
- Impressive stable growth enables SimplePractice to hire an outstanding team
- Company trips to Europe to work with our European engineering team
- Work with and learn from an experienced CTO
- Work on exciting new features across web and mobile platforms
- Use the latest version of the latest frameworks
- Impeccably maintained codebase with CI, codestyle analysis, linting, QA and review and staging servers. Nothing legacy to see here.
- Talented design team