SimplePractice is the fastest growing SAAS company in the behavioral health practice management space. Our offices are just 5 blocks from the beautiful beaches of Santa Monica. We’re looking for unique individuals who will help us take our product and services to to the next level. We’re looking for a friendly, eager-to-learn Technical Product Specialist to join our Customer Success team.
SimplePractice is built for our customers, and supporting their success is our top priority. We strive to provide unparalleled support and encourage our customers to always let us know how we can improve our products. You’ll be an integral member of the customer success team, getting to know and responding to thousands of SimplePractice customers, and working collaboratively with our team to constantly improve our customer success materials and processes. This role will give you front row access in a startup while you provide tangible value and support to our growing community.
This is a full-time position. There is some flexibility with working hours over time, but we request you to be present in the office in Santa Monica at 9am for the first 3 months. While our busiest times are earlier in the week, we’re looking for individuals that can offer weekend availability to help us manage our response time goals throughout the entire week.
There is an opportunity for some remote work down the line on an ad hoc basis, but the option to work remotely full time is not an option - we love collaborating in-person and building our team culture face to face!
What would you do for us?
- Triage incoming customer support emails to other specialty agents, answering up to 30% of all new emails
- Help your team answer all incoming inquiries in 60 minutes or less, continually striving for swifter response time
- Answer customer chats, phone calls, and hold live screen sharing sessions with customers
- Lead live Q&A product orientation sessions and 1-to-1s
- Work with the support team to identify patterns in support emails and keep an eye out for bugs or problems with the software
- Take ownership of routine problems with intuitive problem-solving skills, and escalate issues and high-risk problems to our developers/engineers
- Work closely with development team and Product Manager while providing support to track, report, and verify bugs.
- Use exploratory testing to find bugs in software
Our Technical Product Specialist Must-Haves
- High capacity, self-managing, and have a sense of urgency to complete work efficiently and accurately
- Upbeat, fun, and confident, and can pitch in on-camera in some of our live online customer classes
- Tech savvy and comfortable with web apps - Slack, Messenger, Zendesk, Google Docs, and the like help run our business. You should be able to use them with ease and be sharp enough to troubleshoot any issues you have
- Experience working closely with software engineers
The Techy Stuff
- Experience in technical quality assurance
- Record and document results and compare to expected results
- Define test objectives for new features and write test cases/scripts based on external and internal design specifications
What's the next step?
Great question! If you’re interested and would like to be considered for this role, please provide us with your resume and respond to this questionnaire.
More About You
- You’re highly empathetic and patient, and really love helping people
- You’re obsessive about creating an exceptional experience for each of our customers
- You have impeccable written and verbal communication skills, with an emphasis on casual, friendly, conversational tone
- You’re self-managing, self-starting, and self-motivating, and can organize in a multitasking environment and can adjust priorities on-the-fly
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with automated testing tools
- Past experience working with Zendesk or in start-up environments
- Develop and document application test plans based on software requirements and technical specifications
We build software that helps health & wellness professionals run their private practice. We’ve helped thousands of professionals by offering intuitive, user-centric software that’s totally focused on running a business and helping patients. That’s what our customers care about so that’s all we care about. We know this because we value relationships and constantly speaking with customers is the only way to deliver a great product. We’re a growing startup founded by a successful entrepreneur who was a therapist himself at one point in his career.