Ever since the beginning of time, motivation has been a persistent reminder to be better and to do better. Whether it’s finding the motivation to exercise regularly, or to reach your goals at work, the drive to achieve success can be difficult for many.
On the other hand, there’s another group of people who will do whatever it takes to achieve success. While the rest of us ogle at these individuals because of their constant effort and energy to do great things all the time, high achievers maintain a sense of urgency around success due to the simple fact that they do not want to fail.
Carl Beuke, Ph.D. explains “achievement motivated individuals have a strong desire to accomplish something important, and gain gratification from success in demanding tasks. Consequently, they are willing to expend intense effort over long timespans in the pursuit of their goals.”
Let’s learn from these individuals so that we too can apply the same methodology and way of thinking to our own lives. Here are 5 quick tips to help you transform into a high-achiever:
1. Success is up to you. Motivate yourself to put in the time and effort to achieve something big.
2. Don’t avoid hard tasks. Don’t shy away from big projects, embrace them! Instead of focusing on all the ways you could fail, remember that you have the power to do whatever you set your mind to… and go do it!
3. Try to enjoy the journey to achievement. Rid “stressful” from your vocabulary. Adopting a positive outlook on the tasks you need to complete in order to attain an end goal will only help you along the way. You’ll also gain experience in perseverance and dedication.
4. Remember: your skills can always improve. Practice makes perfect. Commit to being the best you can be and challenge yourself to reach the top. There are tons of affordable online courses and resources that you can use to grow your skill set!
5. Be persistent. It takes 21 days to form a habit. Or so they say. Regardless of how long it takes, it’s very important to train yourself to accept every challenge and complete it to the best of your ability. Continued effort makes way for high-achiever status, so keep on keepin’ on!
Read more here.